Tuesday, January 24, 2012

30 Day Book Challenge: Day 17

A book that should be on hs/college required reading list.

I honestly don't agreewith any books being mandatory, why? Because I think forcing kids to read, ruins the way they look at books. You shouldn't have to disect a book, it ruins the enjoyment for most people. I know a lot of people who hate reading and I doubt being forced to read a book they had no interest in helped any.

~Jenn

Jenn hit the nail right on the head here. Required reading has it's pros and cons. Forcing kids to study and dissect every line and sentiment in a book really turns some people off of the experience for life. It should be more like, there are a list of options to choose from not this one and this one only. I know when I don't like a book, it's hard for me to continue reading it and it takes me a lot longer than if I really liked the book. I say, make a list of good options available from different genres.

~Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.