Saturday, April 7, 2012

Review: Artemis Fowl by Eion Colfer

Artemis Fowl
(Artemis Fowl #1)

Author: Eion Colfer

Publication Date: January 1st, 2001

Publisher: Disney Book Group

Genre: Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Artemis Fowl should never have kidnapped the fairy. Instead of a pleasant little bedtime story creature, this sprite turned out to be an unholy terror. All of Artemis's genius for crime was challenged by this irritating hazel-eyed little elf. It requires the entire novel to get things back under control.


My Thoughts: Artemis Fowl was a fun, short read. I enjoyed reading it and it was a bit different from the other books about fae I have read lately. The fae in this series are living underground, near the Earth's core, because they can't really coexist with humans. Unlike other fae, these ones have very advanced technology. Most fae are nature lovers and can't touch iron, so this kind of goes against that. So a bit of a different twist, but a good one.

Artemis is a 12 year old genuis, who is looking for a way to steal some faery gold. So he kidnaps one, which happens to be Holly Short, and randsoms her. I can really tell if as time goes on he feels sorry for Holly or not, but for a 12 year old kid, Artemis is pretty evil. 

Even though I enjoyed the story, I feel it didn't hold me. As in, I could just put  it down regardless of where I was in the book. I had fun reading, but there wasn't the need to continue reading while wandering around my house. Regardless, I'm still going to read the second book in the series and see how I make out with that one. Hopefully I will get sucked into it more.

Overall, this is a fun and quick read. It is well written and different from the normal story about fae. I would recommend it, since it is good, just didn't have me in suspense the whole time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.