Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Review: Lucinda's Secret by Tony DiTerlizzi & Holly Black

Lucinda's Secret

Author: Holly Black & Tony DiTerlizzi

Publication Date: October 1st, 2003

Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books for Young Readers

Genre: Fantasy/Adventure/YA/Middle-Grade

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Their world is closer than you think.




My Thoughts:Then the worst trick yet happens. The guide goes missing and Jared is pretty sure that Thimbletack stole it. So this installment details the quest of finding a way to get it back. All while still being attacked by even more fantastical creatures.

Something I enjoy about these books is you are always meeting new and wonderfully created being. This book brought us Sprites, a Phooka, and Elves. I particularly liked these last two new creatures. The Phooka is an awesome mixture of animals, who speaks mostly in riddles. I've said it before but I love the illustrations provided in these books. A creature is never introduced without an awesome depiction to accompany it. And the Phooka just looks awesome! I enjoyed picturing him as I read. Secondly, the Elves. They portrayed Elves just as I always imagine them. These tall, elegant, and beautiful beings, who seem simultaneously good but extremely powerful and borderline evil. I don't think you would ever want to be on the bad side of an Elf. And that is exactly where the Grace siblings end up in this part of their journey.

How will they scramble their way out of this one? I look forward to the next book to find out, and to meet more awesome creatures.

2 comments:

  1. I read these and listened to them on audio. The reader is Mark Hamill, who was Luke Skywalker. He does some amazing voices. I especially enjoyed this one read by him. :)

    ~Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never listened to an audio book, but I really want to try it out sometime! It would be fun I think :)

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.