Friday, April 13, 2012

Review: Wraith's Forest by L.J Leger

Wraith's Forest

Author: L.J Leger

Publication Date: April 5th, 2011

Publisher: Pinewood Press

Genre: YA/Fantasy/Romace

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Jenna is chosen for the coveted task of gathering the magical fruit to preserve the peaceful balance of the secret valley where she and many others live. During the harvest, one fruit is damaged and the task of healing the bruise falls on Jenna’s shoulders. She must enter the Wraith’s Forest, retrieve a magical blade from the specter who lives there so the valley will remain a utopia. But once she makes contact with the Wraith, her fear slowly disappears and her curiosity is aroused with more questions of why the Wraith is in the Forest and the true purpose for the harvest.


My Thoughts: This is a really short and fun read! I definitely could have read it in one sitting if I hadn't been so busy the past few days. But instead it took me two sittings to read. I had fun reading it for the short time that it lasted.

The setting of the story is never really defined, so I guess that leaves you free to imagine your own.  There isn't really anything that happens or that is described to give any clue to what era this story takes place in either. I would assume the story takes place quite a while ago, but since it all takes place in a secluded valley cut off from the rest of the world, it really could be any time frame at all. But that is really the only thing that bothered me about this story, and honestly it didn't seem like that big of a deal.

The story is wonderfully told. I enjoyed Leger's writing style greatly! Her use of words and descriptive methods had me emerged in the story, and imagining the surroundings with ease. I could easily slip into Jenna's world and pretend I was her. This story brought me some really beautiful imagery.  I also really liked Jenna's character, and the Wraith's as well. They were both so very selfless. The Wraith doesn't appear that way at first, but as the story progresses we find he might not be the bad guy we have been lead to believe he is.

Before even reading the referral to Beauty and the Beast in the summary, I was constantly reminded  of that classic story while reading this. It definitely has the same feel, even some of the events are the same. But of course, this one is definitely a unique twist! Beauty and the Beast has been my favorite Disney movie since I was a little girl. I love that story so much, so it's not much wonder why I liked this story so much as well. If you liked Beauty and the Beast, or even stories that carry that theme, I think you will really like this one. I'm sad that it had to be so short,  but I always feel that way about books I'm enjoying. You're sad to see the end.

I know I didn't really say anything about the plot, but it's a short story and the summary pretty much covers that :). I recommend this book to any and all YA fans, especially those who like Beauty and the Beast. I would like to send a big thank you to L.J Leger for allowing me to read/review her great book!


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.