Thursday, June 7, 2012

Review: The Book of Awesome by Neil Pasricha

The Book of Awesome

Author: Neil Pasricha

Publication Date: April 15th, 2012

Publisher: Amy Einhorn Books/Putnam

Genre: Humor

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Sometimes it's easy to forget the things that make us smile. With a 24/7 news cycle reporting that the polar ice caps are melting, hurricanes are swirling in the seas, wars are heating up around the world, and the job market is in a deep freeze, it's tempting to feel that the world is falling apart. But awesome things are all around us-sometimes we just need someone to point them out.


My Thoughts: This was the most fun read I have had in a long time! I read this book with a constant smile on my face, and on many occasions I burst out laughing and received odd looks from those around me.  I have been wanting to read this book for a long time now, my brother-in-law got it and was nice enough to lend it to me. It is a pretty quick read, and I was sad when it was over because I was having such a good time reading it. Lucky for us, there's a book of even more awesome. I think I will have to get my hands on that one next.


The author is just so entertaining. His comedy and wit were wonderful. I was constantly reading lines, laughing and sharing them without whoever happened to be sitting closest to me. My husband was the victim of this most times, but he didn't seem to mind, he laughed right along with me! His comedic style almost instantly reminded me of Jerry Seinfeld, and I'm not the only person to think so. If you like Seinfeld's comedy at all, I think your're guaranteed to enjoy this book. The book strikes home a lot, I found myself nodding right along in complete agreement with his ideas and views, and as well, with the ever present smile on my face. I probably looked like a total goof reading with this giant smile on, but I didn't care!


This book is really for anyone and everyone of all ages and lifestyles. You don't have to be a "big reader" to enjoy this book. It's a very light, easy read and the pages fly by in no time. No matter what kind of genre you normally stick to, I think you'll find pleasure in this book. It was a nice break from the world of fantasy I tend to immerse myself in. Take a step back into the world around us and find all the little things that we take for granted but that are really so incredible, or as Neil would say "AWESOME!". So my advice to you is to go out and read this book, you will have fun, you will  laugh in spite of yourself, and you will want to share it with others.


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy you liked this one!! I devoured this book, nodding my head in agreement on each page. It's amazing how many AWESOME things there are out there! I read the second volume in this series and still have to read the holiday edition.

    If you like humorous books like this, you should try out Jillian Madison's 'Damn You, Autocorrect!' It's hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much! It was definitely a heart warming fun read :D. I really want to get my hands on the book of even more awesome now!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and for your book suggestion, I will definitely look into it!

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.