Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Review: The Lost Prince by Julie Kagawa

The Lost Prince
(The Iron Fey, Call of the Forgotten)

Author: Julie Kagawa

Publication Date: October 30th, 2012

Publisher: Harlequin Teen

Thank you NetGalley and HarlequinTeen for the review copy!

Genre: Urban Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Don't look at Them. Never let Them know you can see Them.

That is Ethan Chase's unbreakable rule. Until the fey he avoids at all costs—including his reputation—begin to disappear, and Ethan is attacked. Now he must change the rules to protect his family. To save a girl he never thought he'd dare to fall for.

Ethan thought he had protected himself from his older sister's world—the land of Faery. His previous time in the Iron Realm left him with nothing but fear and disgust for the world Meghan Chase has made her home, a land of myth and talking cats, of magic and seductive enemies. But when destiny comes for Ethan, there is no escape from a danger long, long forgotten.


My Thoughts: To say I was excited to be approved for The Lost Prince via NetGalley would be an understatement. I was squeeing and jumping in my seat, earning me strange looks from my toddler (don't judge me!). Needless to say, I wasn't at all disappointed in the least. I really don't think that Julie Kagawa can write anything that I won't like. I'm absolutely in love with her Fey series and the Blood of Eden series. The only problem, I have to wait for the new books to come out. I'm glad that I've already ordered a copy of this one, it will look great beside the rest of her books on my shelf. I don't think That I had ever even read a Faery book before these ones. It's going to be terrible, I'm going to be judging everything against these ones. Also, did you see that cover?? *drool*

The Lost Prince has Ethan Chase (You know, Meghan's kid brother who the Fey stole in the first book) as the protagonist. Ethan hates everything Fey, for good reason. They stole him AND Meghan prefers their company over her family's. He resents Meghan for abandoning him, so the last thing he wants is to go asking for her help when his new "friend" Todd, a half phouka, who was kidnapped by a new type of fey he's never seen before. A type of fey that is draining the exiles and half bloods of their glamour. So Ethan once again finds himself in the Nevernever, this time dragging a friend, Kenzie, with him. We get to meet some of our favourite characters again, including a certain snarky cat and trickster. So Ethan has to step up to save a world he despises, but will he do it. The story is fairly fast paced and will keep you wanting more.

I just adore Julie Kagawa's writing. I mean, how did it take me so long to pick up one of her books? They are amazing and she's going to be one of those authors for me that I'll read anything by her, I just know it. Her writing just pulls me in and keeps me there until I finish the book. This book is no different. Once I started it, I had to finish it. Unfortunately, things like sleeping, eating and work got in my way (although I love my job as a mommy!). If you're going to read this one, make sure you have the time to sit and read it, or else you're going to be thinking about it none stop. If you haven't checked out Julie Kagawa's writing yet, what are you waiting for?

2 comments:

  1. I love spinoff series books -- it's great to get to know other characters, get into another storyline, and stay in the same world.

    I really have to read more of this series! Everyone's raving about this book, so I'll get on it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so happy to be back in the Nevernever! I also Love Grimalkin! I actually just got a new kitty and named him after him, even though my kitten is orange.

      You need to finish the series, it gets soo good!

      Delete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.