Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Teaser Tuesday (34)

Teaser Tuesday is a weekly bookish meme hosted by  MizB at Should be Reading 

To Participate you:
-Grab your current read
-Open to a random page
-Share two 'teaser' sentences from somewhere on that page
-BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS
-Share the Title and Author, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR if the like your  teaser 


This week's teaser comes from:


Son

Author: Lois Lowry

GoodReads

Teaser:

"Would you like to see aboard?" he asked suddenly. "I don't think it's allowed," she told him apologetically. "The Captain wouldn't mind. He often has visitors come aboard. We're a sea-river vessel. Very unusual. People like to come aboard and look around." "Sea-river?" "Yes. We don't just stay to the river. We can go to sea as well. Most riverboats can't." "Sea," Claire said. She hadn't the slightest idea what that meant.





I am so excited to be reading the final book in the Giver series. I am so curious to see how it all comes to an end! So far I am really enjoying it. If you haven't read the series, you should definitely check it out.

13 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I really should read this book. Of course, I have only read The Giver and have two other books to read before it. My teasers this week are from Crewel by Gennifer Albin and Edge of Oblivion by J. T. Geissinger. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You definitely should! They are all relatively short so it wouldn't take long to read through them :D Thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. *gasp* There's another one?! I thought there were only the three. Oh my gosh, this is so exciting. I have to go find it!

    Here's mine: http://tobisummers.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-102312.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just came out a week or so ago hehe :) Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. I haven't read any of the books in this series - I'll have to look them up. Thanks for the teaser.

    Here's mine Hex and the Single Witch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should, they are classic dystopia. If you're into that kind of thing :). Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. great teaser. I have only read the fist book. I need to finish out this series. thanks for sharing. My teaser http://jennreneeread.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-30-and-top-ten-20_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've also read only the Giver but I heard Lois Lowry speak recently and ... wow. She was such an amazing and moving speaker.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I seen a video she made about writing this final book after so many years, she seems like such an awesome lady :D. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  7. Great teaser. I have read the first book, but that's it. Thanks for sharing.

    Always YA at Heart – Here’s my Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still haven't read the first book, how sad is that? I even own a copy :hangs head in shame: One day though!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha, don't feel bad! I have lots of books on my shelf that I really want to read and I still haven't lol. It comes with being addicted to books I'm pretty sure :). There's always like 500 at least that I want to read at any given time haha. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  9. ENJOY!!!!

    Elizabeth
    Silver's Reviews
    http://silversolara.blogspot.com/2012/10/teaser-tuesday-10232012.html

    ReplyDelete

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.