Monday, November 19, 2012

Review: Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor

Days of Blood and Starlight

Author: Laini Taylor

Publication Date: November 6th, 2012

Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

Genre: Paranormal Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed Daughter of Smoke and Bone, Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she’ll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.


My Thoughts: Once again, I am freaking loving this series. Days of Blood and Starlight was absolutely amazing. How can someone come up with such an awesome idea and write it down in a way that keeps the reader craving more? Laini Taylor is absolutely wonderful at accomplishing this. I finished this book with a huge smile on my face because I love it so much. There were some things that happened in it that made me so happy, I can't even say how happy. Why do I love her writing so much? Because it has a way of sucking me in. I can't help but keep reading. As busy as I've been this month, I read this book every chance that I got until it was done. I just had to know what would happen next. And now, here I am, wishing for more, having to wait. It's so bittersweet. And the cover, so pretty!

Karou, Karou, Karou. You poor naive girl. Someone cuts off your head and yet you trust them because you are too naive. Yes, you're strong, but you can be really dumb when it comes to guys. You can't seem to figure out why Akiva did what he did. Well, he watched your people cut off your head, what do you expect? I still like you though, in the end you came back to the Karou I love.

Akiva, don't be a dumb boy. You are a glorious angel, one of the only that I like.You're better than you think, stop thinking that just because you find something with Karou's name on it that she's dead. You're being silly. You can't be all brawn and no brains. You want change? You know what to do.

These two characters drive me insane. They so clearly love each other, but are stubborn. Karou can't love Akiva for destroying her people out of grief, and Akiva won't stop moping because she could never love him again. Plus he is constantly walking around crying about her being dead (when she's not, he just assumes.) Even though they drive me insane, I still love them.

There was more Zuzana and Mik in this book as well as a new face Kiri, oh how I love him. He is an awesome character. He doesn't hate Karou, even though she is an "Angel-lover". He was a boy when she dies, and is the last of her people. He makes the ultimate sacrifice for her and I love him for it. He loves Karou, but she doesn't feel the same way, yet any ways. Who knows it could change. But even knowing this, the things he does for her are awesome. As for Zuzana and Mik, who can't help but love them, heck even the chimera army love them.

So yes, you could say that I loved Days of Blood and Starlight. I loved it very much. The third book can;t come out soon enough. Unless you are someone who has to wait for all of the books in a series to read it, read this, and Daughter of Smoke and Bone first. You won't regret it. It's an awesome, magical tale of angels and "demons" that is craftily spun. A complete page turner. Just amazing. Read it! Laini Taylor is one of my new favourite authors for sure. A definite recommend, I've already been telling my friend who haven't read it to. I need more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.