Thursday, January 24, 2013

Review: Betrayed by P.C & Kristin Cast

Betrayed

Author: P.C & Kristin Cast

Publication Date: October 2nd, 2007

Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin

Genre: YA/Paranormal/Romance

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Fledgling vampyre Zoey Redbird has managed to settle in at the House of Night. She's come to terms with the vast powers the vampyre goddess, Nyx, has given her, and is getting a handle on being the new Leader of the Dark Daughters. Best of all, Zoey finally feels like she belongs--like she really fits in. She actually has a boyfriend…or two. Then the unthinkable happens: Human teenagers are being killed, and all the evidence points to the House of Night. While danger stalks the humans from Zoey's old life, she begins to realize that the very powers that make her so unique might also threaten those she loves. Then, when she needs her new friends the most, death strikes the House of Night, and Zoey must find the courage to face a betrayal that could break her heart, her soul, and jeopardize the very fabric of her world.


My Thoughts: So if you read my review of Marked (here), then you know I'm not really a huge fan of the characters in this book. Zoey might have grown on me a little more, maybe. She did seem to mature slightly in this book. She made some good, solid decisions, and took strong positive action. But I'm still not won over. Hopefully I will like her a little more each book if it continues this way.

I enjoyed the plot line in this second book even more than the first, so in another way I like this series a little more. It was definitely darker and more twisted. What can I say, I'm kind of a fan of dark and twisted. Stephen King is after all my favorite author of all time :).  And I even began to like Aphrodite even more. I think this installment provided even more reason to like her, even though she's the "bad guy", but just maybe she isn't so bad after all.

So normally I like love triangles, don't we all? Even though they can be so heart breaking. But I for some reason, find the triangle in this story to be frustrating. I guess in love most love triangles, the guys are aware of each other, and the girl usually doesn't full on date both of them. But in this case whenever Zoey is with one of the, now three, guys she is crushing on. She tends to act like the other people who care about her don't even exist and does what Zoey wants.  I can understands her reasons for liking the different guys. But you seriously need to pick one, or at least stop stringing them along until you can decide.

Overall though, it is a good read. I love this new take on Vampires. It's fun and unique and the idea is brand new. It's got mystery, vampires, love and some lust, and tons of drama. They are also pretty easy quick reads, takes me about a day to read one of these, maybe a little more. I would recommend them because they are pretty unique and the story line is pretty great. Here's hoping book #3 will have me liking everyone even more :).


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.