Friday, April 12, 2013

Review: Avow by Chelsea Fine

Avow
The Archers of Avalon #3

Author: Chelsea Fine

Publication Date: December 11, 2012

Publisher: Firefall Publishing

Genre: Fantasy

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Scarlet remembers. Everything. Her past lives, Tristan, Gabriel, Nate: she remembers it all--including how to get to the Fountain of Youth. But time is running out.

Heather and Gabriel have been kidnapped by Raven, while the curse that has plagued Scarlet and Tristan for centuries has shifted, putting the star-crossed lovers in more danger than ever before. Water from the Fountain of Youth is the only thing that can save Scarlet and her loved ones. But the water comes at a price.

With lives--and hearts--at stake, Scarlet leads her friends on a dangerous journey to the Fountain of Youth. Where eternal life is possible, but death is certain.



My Thoughts: This is a series that I bought as eBooks by chance on my Kobo and I am so glad that I did! This has turned into one of my top series and I love it to death, in fact I almost wish it hadn't ended.  I am so attached to these characters that I feel like they are going to stick with me for a long, long time.

In Avow, the final book in the series, Scarlet finally remembers her past lives.  Which means she finally remembers where the Fountain of Youth is, and why she was so secretive and ran away in her last life in the 80s.  Everything in this book that has been building up finally comes to an head and the only question that remains is who will make it through the dangerous journey to the Fountain and back?

There is something about forbidden love that gets me every time. Tristan and Scarlet are something much more intense than that.  Cursed, just touching each other can kill one and not being near each other kills the other.  It is very heart tugging at every moment they are in the room together.  It is surreal.  Normally, I am holding on for my favourite book couples to kiss and be together - with Scarlet and Tristan I was giddy if their hands touched.  It is really amazing how involved I got with them, they are truly an electrifying power couple.

I wasn't a fan of half of the book being in italics as flashbacks into Scarlet's past lives, but I really liked finally getting the whole story instead of Tristan, Gabriel and Nate constantly referring to things and being as lost about them as Scarlet was.  It was also satisfying to find out why she had taken off in her last life with an arsenal of weapons (Tristan's weapons, I might add).

This was a wonderful series, everything was wrapped up pretty neatly and I was satisfied with the ending.  I enjoyed this series so much that I read a book a day and it took me only three days to get through them.  I would have taken me a lot less too if I hadn't had to work all three of those days as well as I could hardly bare to put my eReader down for the duration of it.  Well done, Chelsea Fine.



No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.