Friday, May 17, 2013

Review: Sweet Peril by Wendy Higgins

Sweet Peril
The Sweet Trilogy #2

Author: Wendy Higgins

Publication Date: April 30, 2013

Publisher: Harper Teen

Genre: Fantasy/Mythology (Angels/Demons)

GoodReads

Synopsis:

Anna Whitt, the daughter of a guardian angel and a demon, promised herself she’d never do the work of her father—polluting souls. She’d been naive to make such a vow. She’d been naive about a lot of things. 

Haunted by demon whisperers, Anna does whatever she can to survive, even if it means embracing her dark side and earning an unwanted reputation as her school’s party girl. Her life has never looked more bleak. And all the while there’s Kaidan Rowe, son of the Duke of Lust, plaguing her heart and mind. 


When an unexpected lost message from the angels surfaces, Anna finds herself traveling the globe with Kopano, son of Wrath, in an attempt to gain support of fellow Nephilim and give them hope for the first time. It soon becomes clear that whatever freedoms Anna and the rest of the Neph are hoping to win will not be gained without a fight. Until then, Anna and Kaidan must put aside the issues between them, overcome the steamiest of temptations yet, and face the ultimate question: is loving someone worth risking their life?


My Thoughts: I have been waiting for this book since I read the last one, which was on it's release date.  I can't say how happy I was to finally have it in my hands and wasted no time jumping into the book.  Safe to say, once this one was open it was one that was not put down until it was finished.

Anna is a lot different than when we met her in the first book.  After discovering her true heritage, she is now monitored by demon whisperers - things that report to her father and all of the other dukes whether or not she is doing her job.  So, Anna is forced to adapt.  No longer is she the goody-two-shoes from the beginning of Sweet Evil; however, even with the noticeable changes the reader can still find so much of the old Anna.  I found myself torn between the new Anna and the old Anna a lot but as she came to a happy medium I think I did with her as well.

Kaiden is just as infuriatingly sexy, mysterious and bad-boyish.  I just love him to pieces  especially as this book hit the middle and towards the end.  Just thinking about him makes me all giggly, despite my rocky start with him at the beginning of this book (he is just infuriating to me [and Anna] at the beginning).

I almost liked the plot of Sweet Peril more than I did Sweet Evil.  It was full of action, romance, heartbreak and all of the things that make up good books and good movies.  This was one that I could not put down for even a second and I am already looking forward to the next novel in this series.





No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.