Friday, February 12, 2016

Review: Elite by Rachel van Dyken

Elite
(Eagle Elite #1)

Author: Rachel van Dyken

Publication Date: October 14, 2014

Publisher: Forever

Genre: New Adult/Contemporary Romance

GoodReads

Synopsis:

For Tracey Rooks, life with her grandparents on a Wyoming farm has always been simple. But after her grandmother's death, Tracey is all her grandfather has. So when Eagle Elite University announces its annual scholarship lottery, Tracey jumps at the opportunity to secure their future and enters. She isn't expecting much-but then she wins. And life as she knows it will never be same . . .

The students at Eagle Elite are unlike any she's ever met . . . and they refuse to make things easy for her. There's Nixon, gorgeous, irresistible, and leader of a group that everyone fears: The Elect. Their rules are simple. 1. Do not touch The Elect. 2. Do not look at The Elect. 3. Do not speak to The Elect. No matter how hard she tries to stay away, The Elect are always around her and it isn't long until she finds out the reason why they keep their friends close and their enemies even closer. She just didn't realize she was the enemy -- until it was too late.


My Thoughts: I bought this on a super discount through Book Outlet as part of my "Christmas Haul" (which I actually ended up ordering in January lol).  At first, I thought it was just going to be a quick, easy read and then I would be done and move on to other books.  Boy, was I wrong.

To start off, this is part of a series of books called Eagle Elite.  I, personally, think the series should have had the moniker The Elect, which happens to be the title of the second book but what can you do?

Anyway, this is a series of six books that I know of so far (the sixth is due to be release in May 2016) and a couple of novellas.  Safe to say, as soon as I put down Elite I started right on the second book.  Then the third, and the fourth until I finished the whole series in little over a week.  I really enjoyed this book series!  Even though I don't normally read books where we follow different characters (for the most part) in every book.  But everyone is so entwined it didn't really make a difference to me.

As for Elite, I really enjoyed this read.  The book didn't at all turn out as I expected it would at first glance or by reading the summary. I was expecting a something like Push the Limits y Katie McGarry and I was presented with Nixon, Chase, Phoenix and Tex.  They have so many secrets you could... you know, write six or more books about it.

I loved Trace!  This girl was put through hell and yet she somehow managed (for the most part) to keep herself pulled together and to keep standing up for herself.  That is a common theme in these books and something I love.  The women are not afraid to stand up for themselves, be strong and independent and tell these fierce, and sometimes terrifying, men exactly where to go and how to do it when need be.

Gah!  I just really enjoyed these books and I find it hard to review just the one without touching on them all.  If you like anything to do with the mob or mafia with some romance thrown in for good measure, these are the books for you.  Fair warning though, they do touch more on the New Adult crowd than the Young Adult - mainly for violence and some sexual situations and insinuations.






No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to hear your comments! Let us know what you think! Thanks for reading and visiting!
We are now an Award free blog. We love getting them and appreciate that you thought of us, but we really don't have the time to commit for the requirements of getting them.